I am all about having some great bars on hand for fast snacks and these Whole30 Strawberry Cashew Bars are my favorite!
I have gotten a little burnt out over the years with the Whole 30 compliant bars that are available at the store, so I decided to make my own!
These Whole30 Strawberry Cashew Bars are easy to make and SO tasty. My husband keeps going back for more! I always count that as a win. There are two steps to this recipe but trust me it’s easy.
This recipe calls for vanilla beans and I have had some questions about the vanilla beans and if you can use vanilla extract. You can totally use vanilla extract in place of the vanilla beans, but by making that switch it then technically makes these not Whole30 compliant. There is also the option of vanilla bean powder to keep the recipe Whole30 compliant, but I found that it is pretty expensive for a small amount of product.
This is straight from the Whole30 “Can I Have…” Guide.
Also, I know freeze dried strawberries sound hard to find, but I get mine from my local Whole Foods. I use Natierra brand and love them! I have also found a different brand at my local HEB.Print
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 2 cup cashews
- 2TBS hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 vanilla beans (or 1tsp vanilla extract if not doing Whole30)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberries (I get mine from Whole Foods and use Natierra brand)
- Pulse cashews, cashew butter, hemp seeds, shredded coconut flakes, cinnamon, and seeds from the vanilla beans (or vanilla extract) in a food processor till well combined
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and press mixture into a thin layer on the baking sheet
- In the same food processor add pistachios, dates, and strawberries and pulse till combined. The mixture will be crumbly but should still be a little sticky.
- Firmly press the pistachio mixture on top of the cashew mixture to create a thin top layer
- Freeze for 1 1/2- 2 hours and then cut into rectangles
Store in refrigerator up to two weeks