You might already know this, but I love anything with buffalo sauce! These Sweet and Spicy Buffalo Wings are my go-to wings to make for a party or football Sunday. Oh how I miss football Sundays (it’s currently summer and feels like it’s 5000 degrees outside).
You can never go wrong with buffalo wings in my opinion. That’s probably why you always see them at a tailgate or weekend get together. What I love about these Sweet and Spicy Buffalo Wings is they are the perfect combination of traditional buffalo sauce with a hint of sweetness. I am a sucker for anything sweet and spicy!
One of the things that are great about these wings is that they are super easy to make. I’m all for easy dishes when preparing for a get together or heading to a tailgate. Every time we head to a get together with friends I am always rushing trying to get ready and making a dish to bring and still being on time. Being late is a big pet peeve of mine!
This recipe calls for pretty simple ingredients, just another reason I love this recipe. I usually use Frank’s Red Hot Original Hot Sauce (which is paleo and Whole30 compliant) but Crystal’s Louisiana Hot Sauce is also a great option!
Looking for more buffalo dishes? Check these out!Print
A traditional Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe with a sweet twist
- 2lbs Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Franks Original Hot Sauce
- 2tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Onion Powder
- 1tsp Dried Dill
- Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2tbsp Honey
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1 1/2tsp Pepper
- Place chicken wings, 1/2 cup Franks, 1tsp garlic powder, 1/2tsp onion powder, 1/2tsp dill, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a ziplock bag and shake well to combine. Let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 450
- Place a wire baking rack on top of a foil-lined baking sheet
- Use tongs to place chicken wings on the wire rack
- Bake for 35-45 minutes
- Last 5-7 minutes of baking, add 1/2 cup Franks, 1tsp garlic powder, 1/2tsp onion powder, 1/2tsp dill, and honey to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- After chicken is done, either brush or spoon the sauce from the saucepan on top of the wings
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Wings, Buffalo Wings, Paleo Wings