I get so bored with my snacks and am always looking for something to spice up my snack game.
These bars are the perfect snack to pack when you’re on the go or to munch on at home. They are also SUPER easy to make and taste amazing (my husband keeps going back for more).
I like to use Vega Protein Smoothie Powder in mine but you can use whatever protein powder you love!
I have also made this recipe and rolled the mixture into balls instead of bars, which make a perfect small snack for the kids! If you make them into balls and not bars, follow the same recipe just roll the mixture into balls before freezing. You should get about 20 balls.
Cashew Energy Bars
- 1 Scoop 26g Vega Chocolate Smoothie Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Butter
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates about 6 large dates
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place all ingredients into a high powered food processor and combine on high till the ingredients form a slightly sticky mixture (this may take a few minutes)
- Press the mixture evenly onto a small foil-lined baking sheet (about 9x13) and freeze for 30 minutes to an hour
- Take the baking sheet out of the freezer and cut into 12 even squaresStore in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks