Crab cakes are probably one of my
These Whole30 crab cakes are a weeknight staple at our house because they are fast to throw together and even faster to cook, which is perfect after a long day at work. It never fails, these crab cakes and my Whole30 Bison Meatloaf seem to always end up on my weekly menu!
It took me a while to figure out the secret to getting these non-breadcrumb crab cakes to stick together. The magic glue that holds these bad boys together is a thick ‘sauce’ made by whisking an egg with mayo before adding it to the rest of the ingredients. You might think “but why mix them together first instead of just throwing them in the mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients? Isn’t it the same thing?”. Trust me, the key is this thick sauce!
In our house, we love topping our crab cakes with Tessemae’s Whole30 Creamy Ranch. It really is the cherry on top!
I love using Paleo Powder Seasoning in this recipe because it is a great all purpose seasoning that pairs nicely with the crab meat. I buy it from my local HEB in the spice aisle, but I think Whole Foods in now carrying it nation wide!Print
A fast and easy Whole30 Crab Cake recipe that is flavorful and healthy
- 16 oz Crab Meat
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 1/2 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Whole30 Compliant Mayonaise
- 1 TBSP Paleo Powder Seasoning
- Rinse the crabmeat and then squeeze out as much moisture as you can with a paper towel or tea towel and place in a mixing bowl
- Dice the red bell pepper and onion and add it to the crab in the mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs and lightly whisk them
- To the whisked eggs, add the mayo and whisk together to make a thick sauce
- Add the egg/mayo sauce, almond flour, and the Paleo Powder Seasoning to the mixing bowl and combine
- Form mixture into 6 equal cakes and cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes per side
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crab cakes, whole30