Pasta salads always remind me of a summer time BBQ. There is nothing better than going to a summer BBQ with your family and friends! This Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad is one of my favorite go-to’s for parties (I also love making my Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip) and BBQs because it’s easy to put together and is full of flavor!
I love making pasta salads for get togethers because it’s easy to prepare a day or two in advance…one less thing to do the day of the party! I am a bit of a perfectionist so the day of the party I am hosting usually is pretty stressful making sure that everything is perfect. Making this day ahead of the party is a huge lifesaver! If you decide to make this a day ahead, I would wait to add the avocado until you are ready to serve it.
This Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad is full of flavor and a breeze to throw together. I like to use Banza Pasta in this recipe because not only is it a great tasting gluten free pasta, it’s filled with tons of protein and fiber. The trick when cooking with Banza Pasta is to rinse it really well after cooking it. Another great gluten free pasta that you can use is Jovial Brown Rice Pasta. It’s amazing! Also, I use Primal Kitchen’s Dreamy Italian Dressing because it’s super tasty and Whole30 compliant!
Feel free to add olives, feta cheese, and even chicken for an extra pop to this salad!
Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 Box Banza or Jovial Gluten Free Rotini Pasta
- 1/2 Medium Sized Cucumber
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Diced Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Primal Kitchen's Dreamy Italian Dressing
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Boil pasta according to directions on the box
- While pasta is cooking, cut the cucumber and avocado into chunks and dice the red onion and tomatoes
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cucumbers, avocado, grape tomatoes, and red onion
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta and rinse well with cold water
- Add the pasta to the mixing bowl then add the dressing, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine