Let me just start by saying, this Crockpot Twice Mashed Potatoes recipe is far from healthy. It’s SO good but it definitely doesn’t fall under the healthy category.
Now that we got that out of the way, let me tell you about this mouth-watering mash potato recipe. This recipe is actually my mom’s recipe that she made every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
When I was 15 my mom passed away from breast cancer and every time I make this it makes me think of her. This is one of those recipes that instantly floods me with memories the second I put a spoon full in my mouth. I just love that when I make this recipe it fills me with memories and love. There’s nothing better than recipes like that! Since this recipe is so dear to me, I didn’t have the heart to try and change it and try and make a healthier version. I want to keep this just the way my mom made it!
These potatoes and my Simple Cranberry Orange Sauce are probably my two favorite things about Thanksgiving.
So one of the best things about making these Crockpot Twice Mashed Potatoes for Thanksgiving or Christmas is that you can make it a day ahead. If you want to make the recipe a day ahead, follow the recipe until you have to turn the crockpot on. Place the potatoes in the crockpot, but don’t top it with the cheese or bacon, and store in the refrigerator until the next day. The following day all you need to do is top it with the cheese, crisp up some bacon (my favorite bacon to use is Applegate No Sugar Bacon), top it with the bacon and turn the crockpot on. Easy!Print
An easy crockpot twist on twice-baked potatoes
- 4lbs Russet Potatoes (about 5 large potatoes)
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 8oz Sour Cream
- 8oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 4 Slices of Bacon
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1tsp Pepper
- Peel and wash potatoes
- Cut potatoes into chunks and boil till soft
- While potatoes are cooking crisp up bacon slices (if you plan on finishing off the potatoes in the crockpot the next day then skip this step and cook the bacon the next day)
- Once potatoes are soft, drain them and put them back in the pot
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, half of the shredded cheese, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and mash together
- Add the mashed potatoes to the crockpot (if you are finishing them off the next day then cover and place in the refrigerator)
- Top the potatoes with the remaining shredded cheese and crumbled up bacon
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours
- Category: Sides
Keywords: mashed potatoes, side dishes, crockpot