Why do chocolate and peppermint go so well together? I mean mint chocolate chip ice cream, peppermint mochas, and these simple Holiday Chocolate Peppermint Bark! All of them are SO good!
I love anything with chocolate and peppermint! Chocolate bark is probably one of my favorite holiday treats (along with my Gluten-Free Snowball Cookies). It’s so hard to stop eating it! That’s why I came up with this super easy and simple Holiday Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe.
This recipe is something that would be great if you are the type that likes to gift homemade treats during the holidays. Wrapping some of this bark in a clear cellophane bag tied with red and green ribbon would look SO cute!
For this recipe, I used Enjoy Life Simi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips because I like that they are dairy-free and have simple ingredients. You can use your favorite chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips for this recipe.
To melt the chocolate chips, I used the double boiler method. The double boiler method is when you fill a small pot with about 1-2 inches of water then place a glass boil on top of the pot and let the heat from the boiling water melt the chocolate chips.
You can also melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, but I prefer the double boiler method.Print
An easy and simple holiday candy full of chocolate and peppermint flavor
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 candy canes
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1/2tsp peppermint extract
- Place the candy canes in a ziplock bag, using a rolling pin, crush the candy canes
- Using the double boiler method (or in a microwave) slowy melt the chocolate chips
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, stir in the coconut oil
- Add about half of the crushed candy canes and the peppermint extract to the melted chocolate
- Line a 9×13 cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and smooth out into one even layer
- Top chocolate with remaining candy canes
- Cool in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Once chilled, using your hands break chocolate into 2-3 inch pieces
- Category: Dessert