Three breakfast dishes that are tied for my favorite breakfast dishes are biscuits and gravy, eggs benedict, and a breakfast hash. I could eat any of those three dishes all the time and be one happy girl. That’s probably why I make this Whole30 Skillet Breakfast Hash almost every Sunday.
Sunday’s are my favorite because it is the only day of the week that Brent, my husband, and I have off together. We end up sleeping in, relaxing in bed with coffee, and then eating a late breakfast. This Whole30 Skillet Breakfast Hash is my go-to Sunday brunch recipe that never gets old.
One thing that makes this recipe extra tasty is using the leftover bacon grease to sautee your potatoes and veggies. I use my cast iron skillet to fry up the bacon first, then leave the grease in the pan to sautee the potatoes and veggies. Gotta use all that flavor! Once the potatoes and veggies are cooked, I crumble in the crispy bacon. While the potatoes and veggies are cooking, I cook up some Vital Farms eggs. I tend to do sunny side up eggs, but you can totally do whatever floats your boat! I like to top mine with some salsa and hot sauce but you can omit if you don’t prefer spicy. Adding ketchup would probably be super yummy.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check these out:Print
A Whole30 Skillet Breakfast Hash that has simple ingredients and is perfect to make for a weekend brunch! It’s my go-to weekend brunch recipe.
- 3 strips of Whole30 compliant bacon
- 3 small or 2 medium yukon gold potatoes diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/2tsp chili powder
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 1/4tsp onion powder
- 1/4tsp cumin
- 1/4tsp salt
- 2 eggs (or more depending on preference)
- optional: salsa for topping
- optional: hot sauce for topping
- optional: fresh cilantro for topping
- Cook bacon in a cast-iron skillet or large saute pan till crisp. Set aside and leave the grease in the pan
- While bacon is cooking, cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. Add diced potatoes to the hot pan with the bacon grease and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes till they start to brown and get soft
- While potatoes are cooking, dice the bell pepper and onion. Add diced bell pepper and onion to potatoes and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the seasonings to potatoes and veggies and cook for an additional 3 minutes
- In a separate pan while the potatoes, onion, and bell pepper are cooking, cook eggs to liking
- Crumble cooked bacon into the potatoes and veggies and stir to combine
- Plate potatoes, top with egg and optional toppings
The optinal toppings are totally up to you, but they are like the cherry on top!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast, Breakfast Hash, Whole30, Skillet Hash