Three of the most amazing things in life are bacon, garlic, and pasta. Throw them all together in a dish and you might just have the best dish ever. This Scallop and Bacon Pasta with Lemon Garlic Sauce is seriously so good. It’s also gluten-free too! I count that as a double win.
I came up with the recipe for this Scallop and Bacon Pasta with Lemon Garlic Sauce for a date night in with my hubby. Brent and I sometimes prefer to stay in on a Saturday night, have a yummy meal, drink some wine, and watch a movie. Doesn’t that sound like the perfect Saturday night? It does to me!
This recipe is pretty easy but when plated looks like you slaved away in the kitchen for hours. It’s perfect for a nice date night in with wine or even a weeknight dinner with an Easy Skinny Margarita. If you’re new around here, margaritas are my all-time favorite. I like to tell people my favorite food is a margarita. I’ll drink them with anything, even with a fancy pasta dish like this one!
Making the pasta
I choose to use Jovial Gluten Free Pasta in this recipe but you can use regular pasta or zoodles. If you make this recipe with zoodles and skip that cheese garnish, then this dish is Whole30 compliant! Also, the recipe calls for arrowroot flour to thicken the sauce but you can use tapioca as a substitute.
To make this recipe, start by crisping up the bacon in a cast-iron skillet. When the bacon is done, add the scallops straight to the cast iron skillet without removing the leftover bacon fat. While you are cooking your bacon, get your water boiling for the pasta. When you are searing your scallops (about 4 minutes a side on medium-medium high heat), boil the pasta according to the package. In a small saucepan, you will combine lemon juice, grated garlic, broth, ghee, and arrowroot flour. You will bring the sauce to a low boil till it thickens slightly then turn the heat to low. Combine the pasta with the sauce, crumble the bacon on top, add the scallops, and finish with grated parmesan or manchego cheese (optional).Print
A lemon and garlic pasta topped with seared scallops and crumbled bacon
- 4oz of gluten free spaghetti
- 1/2lb scallops (about 6 jumbo scallops)
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4cup broth
- 1 large clove of garlic (grated or finely minced)
- 1tsp arrowroot flour
- 1tsp ghee
- cheese for topping (optional)
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet till crisp
- While bacon is cooking, fill a medium saucepan half way with water and bring to a boil
- Once bacon is cooked, set aside and arrange the scallops flat side down in the cast iron with the left over bacon greese. Sear on meadium heat about 4 minutes per side till browned
- While scallops are cooking, add the pasta to the boiling water and boil for 7-8 minutes
- Add lemon juice, ghee, and grated/minced garlic to a small sauce pan and bring to a low boil
- Add 1/4cup broth and 1tsp arrowroot flour to a small bowl and whisk together till there are no clumps
- Add the broth and arrowroot mixture to the lemon juice and boil on low till sauce has thickened and reduced by half then keep on low heat
- Drain the cooked pasta, return to the pan, and toss with the sauce
- Plate the pasta then crumble the bacon on top, add the scallops, and grated cheese
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian, Gluten Free, Scallop, Gluten Free Pasta