If you ever watch my Instagram stories then you hear me talking about making bars a lot. Making bars and protein balls, like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls, are so easy!
Brent, my husband, and I love having things like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls or my Whole30 Strawberry Cashew Bars on hand. We tend to snack a lot so having things like healthy bars and protein balls on hand is a must.
The thing I hate about protein bars is that they charge you an arm and a leg for them. It’s kind of ridiculous! On average protein bars cost $2. If Brent and I each eat a bar once a day for 5 days in a week, that’s $20 a week in just protein bars. That adds up to $80 a month in bars! So crazy! Making your own bars and protein ball is seriously so easy and costs a fraction of the cost as buying the packaged ones. Not to mention that most of the packaged protein bars are full of junk. When you make your own you can control what goes in them and you know they are filled with wholesome and healthy ingredients.
You will see that the recipe calls for chocolate protein powder. I personally like to use Vega Protein & Greens Protein Powder. It is one of the first protein powders that I have found that has pretty clean ingredients and taste great too! You can totally use whatever protein you like in this recipe. You do you!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter plus extra for drizzling on top
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nut milk of choice I like to use almond milk or oat milk
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Mix everything together and form into 1 inch sized balls and place on baking sheet
- Using a spoon, drizzle some extra peanut butter over each one of the balls
- Place baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes