If you ever watch my Instagram stories then you hear me talking about making bars a lot. Making bars and protein balls, like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls, are so easy!
Brent, my husband, and I love having things like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls or my Whole30 Strawberry Cashew Bars on hand. We tend to snack a lot so having things like healthy bars and protein balls on hand is a must.
The thing I hate about protein bars is that they charge you an arm and a leg for them. It’s kind of ridiculous! On average protein bars cost $2. If Brent and I each eat a bar once a day for 5 days in a week, that’s $20 a week in just protein bars. That adds up to $80 a month in bars! So crazy! Making your own bars and protein ball is seriously so easy and costs a fraction of the cost as buying the packaged ones. Not to mention that most of the packaged protein bars are full of junk. When you make your own you can control what goes in them and you know they are filled with wholesome and healthy ingredients.
You will see that the recipe calls for chocolate protein powder. I personally like to use Vega Protein & Greens Protein Powder. It is one of the first protein powders that I have found that has pretty clean ingredients and taste great too! You can totally use whatever protein you like in this recipe. You do you!Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls that are filled with clean and healthy ingredients which makes for a great snack
- 1cup almond flour
- 1/2cup coconut sugar
- 1/4cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4cup peanut butter (plus extra for drizzling on top)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2TBSP maple syrup
- 2TBSP milk of choice (I like almond milk, oat milk, or banana milk)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Mix together well and form into 1 inch sized balls and place on baking sheet
- Using a spoon, drizzle some extra peanut butter over each one of the balls
- Place baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes
Store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: protein balls, energy balls