Let me just say, this Gluten Free Shrimp Pasta is so good! Like lick your bowl clean good.
Sometimes I just like to wing dinner during the week when I can’t think of something to make. That’s how this recipe came about. I shared on my Instagram stories that I was just winging dinner while I was making this for the first time. A lot of yall messaged me saying you wanted the recipe, so I remade it and wrote everything down. Making it again turned out just as good! Some of my favorite recipes on here come from just winging it for dinner during the week, like my Bacon and Chicken Brussel Sprouts Salad.
Keeping it Gluten and Dairy Free
The first time I made this Gluten Free Shrimp Pasta I used butter instead of ghee and it seemed to give it a creamier sauce. I made it the second time with ghee to keep it dairy free and it was just as good. It didn’t have as creamy of a sauce but it tasted just as good! The “cream” that I use in this recipe is Nutpods Original Oat Creamer. I use this creamer not only in my coffee but in cooking and even in baking! It’s the perfect dairy free alternative for cooking and baking. If you order from their site you can use code: kaleenas.kitchen for 15% off your first order. They have tons of flavors to pick from if you’re looking for some good coffee creamers!
As far as gluten free pasta goes, my favorites are Jovial or Banza. If you haven’t tried Jovial yet, you totally should! It’s amazing and made from brown rice. I also love Banza pasta which is made from chickpeas and full of protein! A little tip, be sure to rinse the Banza pasta really well after cooking it. During cooking, it seems to get a film over it that makes the flavor not so great. A quick rinse under the water fixes that problem!Print
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Shrimp Pasta that is full of flavor
- 4oz Gluten Free Pasta (I like using Jovial or Banza)
- 1/2lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2cup diced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2cup Nutpods Original Oat Creamer
- 2tbsp + 1tsp ghee
- 1/4cup fresh chopped basil
- 2tbsp lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1/2tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook according to the box’s directions
- Add 1tsp of ghee to a pan and saute the tomatoes on medium heat till they start to wilt down. About 3-4 minutes
- Add shrimp to the pan, sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and cook about 5-7 minutes until shrimp are cook through
- Once shrimp is cooked, add the ghee and let melt. About 30 seconds.
- Add the minced garlic and saute about 60 seconds
- Add the Nutpods, basil, salt, and pepper and let cook on low till the pasta is done
- Toss the pasta with the shrimp and sauce and add additional basil as garnish
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, pasta, weeknight dinner