I am not even going to lie to you when I heard about bacon wrapped dates I thought they would be so gross. To my surprise, I was so wrong! These Easy Bacon Wrapped Dates will now be a must-make appetizer at all my future get together. And, how can you go wrong with something wrapped in bacon? My Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers are another huge hit for a get together or party.
I don't know what came over me a few weeks ago but I thought I would give these little appetizer bites a try. I now understand the hype! In all honesty, not eating them all in one sitting is going to be a challenge.
Not only are these little bites tasty, but they are also SO easy to make. First, you'll want to take the pits out of the dates, or buy already pitted date which saves you a lot of time. Second, wrap the dates in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Third, bake them. That's it! I told yall they were easy!
These Easy Bacon Wrapped Dates are the perfect mix between savory and sweet and they are Whole30 and Paleo compliant! I like to pair mine with Noble Made by The New Primal Mustard BBQ Sauce and let me tell you, it was the perfect pairing.
These would be great for a get together, pot luck, a football watching party, or tailgate. And did I mention they are SO easy to throw together? 🙂
Easy Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 16 Dates
- 8 Slices of Bacon I like to use Applegate's No Sugar Bacon to keep these Whole30
- 16 Toothpicks
- The New Primal Mustard BBQ for dipping
- Pre heat the oven to 450Â°
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the foil
- Using a small paring knife, make a small slice length ways on the date and take out the pit. Do this for all of the dates
- Stack the slices of bacon on top of each other and cut them in half
- Wrap one piece of bacon around a date and secure with a toothpick. Do this for all the dates
- Arrange the bacon wrapped dates on the cooling rack and place in the oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisped to your liking