I could seriously eat this Easy Dairy Free Caramel by the spoonful. You'll want to too! If you do, I won't judge you.
Sometimes I like to top my pancakes or waffles with an amazing caramel sauce. I mean, why not? Since caramel is made by boiling milk or heavy cream with white sugar, I wanted to find a way to make a caramel sauce that is dairy free and without refined sugar. This came out better than I had imagined!
This Easy Dairy Free Caramel recipe is just like the title says, easy! All you have to do is add the three ingredients together in a small saucepan and let it slow boil till it's nice and thick. That's it! Told yall it was easy!
One of the things I love about this caramel sauce is you can use it in so many ways. It's great for topping pancakes (if you follow me on Instagram then you know I love making pancakes on the weekends), drizzling over almond buttered toast, topping my Paleo Banana Walnut Muffins, filling chocolate candies, topping ice cream, easting straight from the jar (I may have done this a time or two), and so much more!
This recipe does need a little bit of babysitting but really it's not bad. It takes a bit of time for this to come together and takes some stirring along the way. I usually make this while doing other things in the kitchen like cooking something else or cleaning that way I can stir it occasionally and keep an eye on it.
Easy Paleo Caramel Sauce
- 1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Add coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt to a medium saucepan
- Bring to a boil and immediately turn heat to low
- Keep at a low boil for 1 hour stirring occasionally to make sure it doesnâ€™t burn
- The last 5 minutes continuously stir to get all the amber bits from the bottom.
- Take the sauce off of the heat and stir in the coconut oil