These Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Muffins are like little bites of sunshine. This easy recipe uses only a handful of clean ingredients, like almond flour, maple syrup, and dairy free milk.
One of the best combinations, in my opinion, is blueberry and lemon. I am a sucker for anything lemon and you can never go wrong with a classic blueberry muffin. I love making these gluten and dairy free blueberry lemon muffins to have on hand for a quick and easy breakfast during the week.
- Dairy free milk-You can use whatever kind of dairy free milk you like for this recipe. I tend to always use unsweetened almond milk.
- Lemon- You will be using the whole zest of one large lemon
Coconut flour- If you don't have any coconut flour, you can substitute it for more almond flour. If you want to substitute the coconut flour for almond flour, you will use a total of 2 ½ cups of almond flour
Dairy free milk- You can use whatever kind of dairy free milk that you like. I usually like to use unsweetened almond milk but you can use coconut milk, cashew milk, or oat milk.
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon zest to a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk together till fully combined.
- Add the blueberries to the muffin mixture. Using a spatula, gently mix in the blueberries.
- Line a 12 count muffin tin with muffin liners
- Using a spoon, scoop the muffin mixture evenly into each of the muffin tins
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make gluten free muffins moist? The trick is to have the right amount of moisture in the recipe. Some gluten free flours, like coconut flour, can be very dry. Be sure to have a mix of oils, like coconut oil, milk, and even fruit. This Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Muffins recipe calls for a whole cup of blueberries which helps keep this recipe nice a moist.
You can store these muffins in an airtight contain in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To reheat these, all you have to do is pop one in the microwave for 25-30 seconds
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check these out:
Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup dairy free milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, melted coconut oil, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract, almond milk, maple syrup, and lemon zest to a mixing bowl and whisk till combined
- Using a spatual, gently fold the blueberries into the muffin mixture
- Line a 12 muffin tin pan with muffin liners
- Using a spoon, evenly spoon the muffin mixture into the muffin tins
- Bake at 350°F for 25-28 minutes
- If you don't have coconut flour then you can just use more almond flour. You would use a total of 2 ½ cups of almond flour if you aren't going to use the coconut flour
- You can use whatever dairy free milk that you like. I usually always use unsweetened almond milk