It may not seem like it if you are scrolling through my Instagram feed, but my husband and I have the biggest sweet tooth. When it comes to sweets I have a hard time saying no! These simple Gluten Free Rolled Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my go-to's when I am craving something with a little sweetness.
Since I know that I have no will power when it comes to sweets (I could literally eat my Easy Paleo Caramel Sauce straight out of the jar with a spoon), I make sure to not keep any in our house. If I kept a bunch of sweets in my house then I would eat them all! With that being said, I always have ingredients on hand in case I need to make some impromptu cookies. That is exactly how these simple Gluten Free Rolled Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies got created! I was 1. craving something sweet and 2. needed to use some ripe bananas that were about to go bad. I threw these together and it totally hit the spot!
These cookies aren't your typical super sweet treat. One of the reasons I love these cookies so much is that they aren't overly sweet. I kind of think of them as breakfast cookies. They have just enough sweetness from the chocolate chips to crave your sweet tooth but not enough sweetness that you feel guilty eating a few for breakfast. Let's be real, Brent always ends up eating them for his breakfast when I make a batch.
Gluten Free Rolled Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon nut butter I like peanut butter or cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Add the oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon, chocolate chips, honey, and nut butter to the mashed bananas and mix till well combined
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a spoon, scoop mixture on to the parchment paper making 2 inch sized cookies
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes