This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission if you choose to purchase through qualifying links.
This Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash is the perfect savory weekend breakfast. It's made with bacon, crispy sweet potatoes, and topped with eggs. The only thing it's missing is a mimosa!
Brunch is my all time favorite! I have three brunch dishes that are my go-to's always, and one of them is a breakfast hash. This Whole30 sweet potato hash with bacon is one of my favorite things to make for a Sunday brunch at home.
Bacon- to keep this Whole30 read the ingredients on the bacon and make sure it is Whole30 compliant
Potatoes- You can substitute whatever potatoes you have on hand. Russet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes will both work great in this recipe.
Bell Pepper- If you don't have a red bell pepper you can use green, yellow, or orange.
Bacon- If you want to make this a vegetarian meal then you can omit the bacon
Step by step
- Cook the bacon in a pan until it's crisp, then set it aside. Be sure to leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Dice the sweet potato and add it to the same pan the bacon was cooking in. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes can be pierced with a fork
- Dice the onion and bell peppers and add them to the pan with the sweet potatoes. Cook for 3 minutes
- Add the seasonings to the potatoes and cook for another minute, crumble the crisp bacon into the pan then turn the heat to low
- Cook the eggs to your preference and serve with the hash.
- Optional- top the eggs and hash with cilantro and salsa or hot sauce
Frequently ask questions
Sweet potatoes are Whole30 complaint. Actually, all potatoes are Whole30 compliant. You can have russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, and even Yukon gold potatoes!
Bacon is Whole30 but you need to be aware of the ingredients. Most bacon has added sugar. There are a few brands out there now that make sugar free bacon, like Applegate and Pederson's Farms
Store this sweet potato hash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can reheat it in the microwave or on the stove top with a little avocado oil.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check these out...
Whole30 Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 strips bacon be sure to check ingredients to keep it Whole30
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs or more depending on preference
- optional: salsa for topping
- optional: hot sauce for topping
- optional: fresh cilantro for topping
- Cook bacon in a large saute pan till crisp. Set aside and leave the grease in the pan
- Dice the sweet potato and add it to the same pan the bacon cooked in. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until you can pierce them with a fork
- While potatoes are cooking, dice the bell pepper and onion. Add diced bell pepper and onion to potatoes and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the seasonings to potatoes and veggies and cook for an additional minute then turn the heat to low
- In a separate pan while the potatoes, onion, and bell pepper are cooking, cook eggs to your liking
- Crumble cooked bacon into the potatoes and veggies and stir to combine
- Plate potatoes, top with egg and optional toppings
Leave a Comment