If you’re new around here, just know that I love anything with buffalo sauce. So much so that I have quite a few buffalo chicken recipes, like Whole 30 Buffalo Chicken Dip, Whole30 Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. Now I can add these Whole30 Crispy Buffalo Chicken Breasts to the book!
One of the things I love the most about this recipe is that, in my opinion, it tastes better than buffalo chicken that you get at a restaurant. It’s so full of flavor and makes for a great weeknight dinner when paired with veggies or a salad.
One big tip to keep in mind while cooking these Whole30 Crispy Buffalo Chicken Breasts is to not keep flipping them in the pan. Since they are coated with almond flour, if you keep flipping them then the coating will start to fall off. I just flip them one time and that’s it!
In the recipe directions, it says to place the chicken on a cooling rack and cook under the broiler for a few minutes after you cover the chicken in the sauce. You definitely don’t have to do this step, but I feel like popping them under the broiler for a few minutes helps to make them really crispy.
Pairing these chicken breast with Whole30 compliant ranch, like Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch, is like the cherry on top!Print
Crispy chicken breasts that are full of buffalo flavor
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp onion powder
- 1/2tsp dry parsley
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
For the sauce
- 1/4cup Franks Hot Sauce or Crystals Hot Sauce
- 1/2tsp ghee
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking fat of choice in a skillet (I prefer to use ghee)
- Whisk the egg in a small to medium sized bowl
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the egg and stir to coat
- On a small plate, combine the amlond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper
- Using a fork, pick up one chicken breast at a time and place on the plate with the almond flour mixture and flip to coat both sides
- Place coated chicken in skillet and cook 5 minutes a side (depending on how big your chicken breast is) making sure to only flip the chicken once
- While the chicken is cooking, add the sauce ingredients to a medium sized sauce pan and heat on low
- Once chicken is cooked, use a fork to pick up the chicken and place it into the sauce pan to coat with the sauce
Optional- after coating chicken with the sauce, place chicken on top of a cooling rack that is on top a foil lined cookie sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 mintues
- Category: Dinner