I feel like coleslaw is such a summer staple recipe. This tangy Whole30 Creamy Coleslaw recipe is super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients that's perfect for a summer bbq.
Can you have mayo on Whole30?
You can have Whole30 compliant mayo while doing your Whole30. You just need to be aware of the ingredients that are in your mayo. My favorite Whole30 compliant mayo is Primal Kitchens Avocado Mayo.
- prepackaged shredded cabbage coleslaw mix
- Whole30 mayo
- celery seed
- garlic powder
- onion powder
There aren't a ton of substitutions for this recipe but here are a few...
Coleslaw Mix- If you can't find prepackaged coleslaw in your local grocery store, you can shred both green and purple cabbage
Vinegar- This recipe calls for white vinegar but you can use apple cider vinegar if you don't have white vinegar on hand
Mayo- You can opt to make this a no mayo coleslaw but just omitting it from the recipe. If you aren't doing a Whole30 you can sub the mayo for plain Greek yogurt so you still get that creamy coleslaw dressing
How to make Whole30 Creamy Coleslaw
It turns out making a healthy coleslaw is super easy! Most grocery stores have pre-shredded cabbage in their produce section, which is a total lifesaver. Using already shredded cabbage saves SO much time because all you have to do is make the creamy coleslaw dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pre-shredded cabbage mix
- In a small mixing bowl. add the mayo, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dried celery seeds, salt, and pepper and whisk together
- Pour the coleslaw dressing over the shredded cabbage and stir to combine
- Cover the coleslaw and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving
Store this Whole30 Creamy Coleslaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Looking for more side dish recipes? Check these out...
Whole30 Creamy Coleslaw
- 12 oz package shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup Whole30 mayo
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Add mayo, vinegar, garlic powder, celery seed, onion powder, pepper, and salt to a small bowl and whisk together
- Add the shredded cabbage to a medium-large mixing bowl and pour dressing over cabbage and mix to combine
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving