This easy skinny Topo Chico Margarita uses a few clean ingredients so you can enjoy your margarita without all the calories and sugar.
I always tell people that margaritas are my favorite food. To me, there really isn't anything better than a good margarita. Traditional margaritas are filled with a lot of calories, tons of sugar, and nasty syrup. This skinny margarita recipe is super simple to make using only a few clean ingredients. It's my go-to cocktail to make at home or if we have any guests come over.
Step by step
Tequila- You can use whatever kind of tequila you like. I prefer a reposado but blanco works great too
Agave- There are a handful of different types of agave you could use. There is blue, light, amber, and raw agave. All of these would work great!
Lime- I like using lime juice from a jar instead of squeezing them myself, but you can use freshly squeezed lime juice if you like
Topo Chico- Topo Chico Lime gives a little extra flavor but if you can't find it or just want to use the regular Topo Chico that works too
Frequently asked questions
A Topo Chico Margarita is a mix of lime juice, tequila, agave and Topo Chico.
There is no alcohol in Topo Chico.
Here are some fun ways you can add a little twist to these margaritas.
- Jalapeno- Adding a few slices of jalapenos to the glass will give you the perfect hint of heat making a delicious spicy skinny margarita
- Cucumber- Adding slices of cucumber would make this nice and refreshing
- Pineapple- Putting some chunks of pineapple would be perfect for a summer cocktail
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Your feedback is so important to me.
Topo Chico Margarita
- 2 shots tequila I like Teremana or Cazadores
- 2 shots lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave
- Topo Chico Lime
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice
- Add the tequila, lime juice, and agave to the cocktail shaker and shake well
- Rim two glasses with margarita salt and fill with ice
- Pour the margarita over the ice till ¾ of the way full
- Top off with Topo Chico
- Serve with a lime wedge
Want more recipes?
Check out my recipe index for more amazing recipes.