This easy and delicious mango pico de gallo uses fresh ingredients like mangos, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers to make the perfect mango salsa recipe.
This pico recipe isn't like traditional pico de Gallo recipes, it uses fresh mangos and red onion instead of tomatoes and white onions.
Being a Texas girl, I love Mexican food and Mexican salsa! You can usually find fresh mango salsa in the produce section of your local grocery store, but there really isn't anything better than homemade fresh salsa. Made with juicy mangos, fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, jalapenos, red onion, and red onion, this easy pico de Gallo recipe is the perfect choice for a summer bbq.
Red onion- You can use white onion.
Red bell pepper- You can use green bell pepper.
Jalapenos- You can use serrano peppers, this will make this an extra-spicy salsa. If you like spicy flavors you can also use a habanero pepper and you will get a tasty mango habanero salsa.
Mangos- If you can't find any mangos, you can use fresh tomatoes. Roma tomatoes, plum tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes would work great. Traditional ingredients in pico recipes use flavorful tomatoes.
Step by step
- Dice up the mangos into half inch pieces and add them to a large bowl. If you want an extra chunky texture then cut the pieces a little bigger.
- De-seed the jalapeno and dice it into small pieces and add it to the mixing bowl with the mangos.
- Dice the red onion and the bell pepper and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Chop the cilantro and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice from both halves into the bowl and stir everything together.
- Optional- You can add a little bit of sea salt if you like.
Frequently asked questions
Mango pico de Gallo is a fresh, juicy, and slightly sweet chunky salsa that goes great with Mexican recipes or by itself with tortilla chips.
The difference between salsa and pico de Gallo is the texture. Pico de Gallo is a chunky texture while traditional salsa is smoother and blended.
Pico de Gallo is filled with fresh ingredients like mangos, onions, and cilanto making it a very healthy snack or topping for tacos or chicken.
Cutting a ripe mango isn't as hard as you might think. If it's your first time cutting a mango don't be scared! Here's the way I like to cut a mango.
- I use a peeler to peel the skin off the mango.
- Then cut at a rounded angle from the top of the mango, cut around the center pit.
- Then I dice the mango.
What to serve with
- On top of a taco salad
- On top of grilled chicken
- In fish tacos
- With tortilla chips or corn chips
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. All the fresh flavors of this simple recipe taste just as great the next day.
Looking for more side dish recipes? Check these out!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Your feedback is so important to me.
Easy Mango Pico De Gallo
- 2 Mangos
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- ½ Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- ½ cup Chopped Cilantro
- ½ Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Peel and dice the mangos into ½ inch chunks
- Diced the red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl, add the juice of the lime and mix together.