I feel like the cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving doesn't get enough love. This Simple Cranberry Orange Sauce is sure to change your mind about the traditional Thanksgiving side dish.
Just like some of you, I grew up eating the cranberry jello that comes from a can. To be honest, I barely ate it. I was never a fan!
As I have gotten older and my taste has changed, I have fallen in love with fresh cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving. I especially love this clean and Simple Cranberry Orange Sauce. I think it's become one of my favorite dishes at Thanksgiving, along with these Maple and Bacon Brussel Sprouts.
How To Make
Like the title says, this recipe is so simple. This will probably be the easiest recipe you make for Thanksgiving!
All you need for this recipe is a bag of fresh cranberries, I like to use Ocean Spray Fresh Cranberries, 100% orange juice, local honey, and the zest from one orange.
Place 1 cup of the orange juice in a medium saucepan, add the cranberries, ½ cup (or more if you like your cranberry sauce sweeter), and the zest of one orange. Bring the cranberries to a slow boil and let cook till most of the cranberries have burst (about 15 minutes).
Simple Cranberry Orange Sauce
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of 100% orange juice
- ½ cup honey
- zest from one orange
- Add orange juice and honey to a medium saucepan and cook on low till honey has dissolved
- Once the honey has dissolved, add the cranberries and orange zest
- Bring to a slow boil and cook for 10-15 minutes (or until most of the cranberries have burst) stirring occasionally