No summer BBQ or football Sunday is complete without jalapeÃ±o poppers, am I right? These Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken JalapeÃ±o Poppers are a staple in our house come football season.
These poppers are such a great dish to bring to get togethers, football watching parties, or tailgates! They are also perfect for just a cozy Saturday or Sunday at home. My favorite kind of weekend! Oh the joys of getting older lol.
Since we love making poppers during the summer and football season, I wanted to create a recipe that isn't full of cheese (dairy tends to make my face break out like i'm 14 all over again. No thanks!) like most of the jalapeÃ±o popper recipes out there.
Y'all probably already know how much I love anything with buffalo sauce, so naturally I took my super yummy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe and turned it into Whole30 Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken JalapeÃ±o Poppers.
There are a few steps in this recipe but once you bite into one of these babies you will see it's all worth it. I think one of the key things to making sure that you get a nice crisp bacon all around is cooking the poppers on a wire cooking rack.
The things I like to use in this recipe to keep it Whole30 are Applegate No Sugar Bacon, Primal Kitchen's Mayo, Frank's Original Hot Sauce, and use Tessemae's Creamy Ranch for dipping. But you do you! Whatever brands are your favorites you can substitute those.
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken JalapeÃ±o Poppers
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 8 JalapeÃ±os
- 8 Strips of Bacon I use Applegate No Sugar Whole30 Bacon
- ¼ Cup Mayo I use Primal Kitchen's Whole30 compliant mayo
- ¼ Cup Frank's Original Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Chives
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- ½ tsp Salt Plus extra to season chicken breast
- ½ tsp Pepper Plus extra to season chicken breast
- Pre heat oven to 450Â°
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch chunks and season with salt and pepper
- Cook chicken on medium heat for about 6-8 minutes or until cooked through
- Transfer cooked chicken to the food processor and pulse till chicken is stredded
- Add shredded chicken to a medium sized mixing bowl and add mayo, hot sauce, and all the seasonings then combine well and set aside
- Cut jalapeÃ±os in half (to make 16 jalapeÃ±o halves), deseed and remove veins
- Cut bacon strips in half to make 16 bacon strips
- One at a time, fill the jalapeÃ±o halves with the buffalo chicken mixture and wrap a piece of bacon around the jalapeÃ±o (I try to keep the ends of the bacon on the bottom of the jalapeÃ±os)
- Place stuffed and wrapped jalapeÃ±os evenly on the cooking rack and bake for 25-30 minutes until bacon is crispyServe with a side of Whole30 ranch for dipping